At CBH, our care goes beyond the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. Our telemedicine team serves patients across the United States using modern technology. Let us bring compassionate behavioral health care to the comfort of your home.
What Is Telepsychiatry?
Telemedicine, also known as telehealth, involves the use of technology to provide care from a distance. During a telehealth appointment, the doctor and patient communicate through video chat. They can also send images and transfer other types of data. Health care professionals can offer telemedicine to regions across the world.
Telepsychiatry, a subset of telehealth, encompasses behavioral health care that happens through telemedicine. Many mental health services use reported symptoms instead of physical examinations, making them an excellent fit for telemedicine. Telepsych improves access to psychiatric health care for individuals in remote areas and patients looking for a convenient option. The benefits of telepsychiatry include:
- Increased follow-up rates
- Faster services in urgent situations
- Improved flexibility for busy patients
- Broader care options for patients in rural areas
Services Offered Through Telepsychiatry
The telepsych services provided by CBH include:
- Evaluation: A Clinical Provider from CBH will conduct an evaluation to determine your needs. They can also complete ongoing assessments to track your symptoms and progress.
- Medication management: Our psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners can prescribe and monitor medication through telehealth. Using electronic health records (EHRs), they can send a request to your pharmacy without a paper prescription in most cases.
- Therapy: During therapy, your therapist or psychiatrist will talk with you about your feelings and symptoms. They’ll assist you in processing your condition and learning coping skills that help you better manage it.
- Patient education: Your care team can send you educational materials and videos that let you get the most out of your treatment. They can also answer any questions you have during your appointments.
- Substance abuse treatment: Substance abuse disorders often have underlying causes related to mental health. Our specialists will help you understand your behaviors and manage your symptoms.
Who Can Receive Telepsych Services?
CBH offers telepsychiatry services to anyone, anywhere who has a qualifying insurance plan. With these services, we treat the same range of conditions that we address at our physical location, including:
- Mood disorders
- Behavioral needs related to intellectual disabilities
- Perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity syndrome (ADHD)
- Substance abuse
We also welcome individuals without diagnoses to request our services. If you feel that you need help with your mental health, we can create a treatment plan together.
Schedule a Telehealth Psychiatry Appointment With CBH
We pride ourselves as the only practice in the area that accepts insurance for all services. To find out if your plan qualifies, call us today at 703-812-4642 or contact our team online. Patients who live in the Washington, D.C., metro area may also schedule an appointment at our practice in Arlington, VA, or Bethesda, MD.