Anxiety disorders impact a large number of children and adults. These individuals have worries that go beyond the typical response to stress. If you think you could have an anxiety disorder, we can help. Our caring behavioral health professionals provide treatment and therapy for anxiety.
What Are Anxiety Disorders?
We specialize in anxiety disorder treatment for a wide range of disorders, including:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD): GAD causes chronic anxiety about everyday concerns. Some individuals with GAD feel worried for no apparent reason. Symptoms of GAD include sleep issues, restlessness and muscle tension.
- Panic Disorder: Individuals with panic disorder experience frequent panic attacks. During a panic attack, they can have symptoms such as a rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath and a feeling of dread.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD): A person with OCD has uncontrollable feelings and thoughts that cause them to complete routines or rituals. They practice these habits to relieve the anxiety associated with their obsessions.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Experiencing a traumatic event can cause PTSD, a disorder that leads a person to relive the trauma they’ve experienced. Individuals with PTSD can have flashbacks, nightmares and other symptoms related to an adverse reaction to the incident.
How Can Anxiety Impact a Person’s Life?
Anxiety disorders can get in the way of living everyday life in comfort. The symptoms of anxiety often interfere with daily function at work, school and home. They also make it more challenging to maintain fulfilling relationships. Our anxiety disorder therapy and treatment services can help you live a more productive life.
What Are the Ways CBH Can Help?
At CBH, we offer three kinds of anxiety treatments:
- Medication management: Our psychiatrists can diagnose your anxiety disorder and find a medication that relieves your symptoms. They can work with you to choose from the variety of medications to help manage your anxiety.
- Anxiety Therapy: A licensed therapist can help you better understand and manage your anxiety. They’ll help you explore your thought patterns to develop appropriate coping strategies.
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation: We’re also able to offer TMS therapy as a treatment option for anxiety for individuals who find that medication and talk therapy are not enough. Research has shown that stimulating the brain with a magnetic field can relieve anxiety symptoms.
Telepsychiatry Services From CBH
Thanks to modern technology, our staff can provide services over the internet to patients across the country. We offer medication management and therapy through online video chat. Patients who live far away or have difficulty leaving their homes can receive the same compassionate care found in our practice. Contact our office today to see if you qualify for our telemedicine therapy for anxiety.
Schedule an Appointment With Our Compassionate Staff
Our team strives to support individuals who struggle with behavioral health issues as they deal with their symptoms. CBH helps individuals with anxiety in Washington, DC, northern Virginia, Rockville, MD, and Bethesda, MD. You can visit us at our Arlington, VA, or schedule an appointment at our Bethesda, MD location.
Call us at 703-812-4642 or visit our online contact page to schedule an appointment today.