At CBH, we bring together a team of general and child psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners and licensed therapists to help individuals with mental health conditions. Our providers have extensive training and education. We work with many children, adolescents, young adults and adults. We aim to nurture a positive and supportive environment for every patient we serve. You’ll receive treatment in a compassionate setting where you can feel safe and find options to meet your needs.
We understand living with trauma and mental health conditions can be difficult. At our practice, we want to help you overcome these challenges to enjoy a more fulfilling life.
What Does Our Care Team Do?
Our staff includes the following types of specialists:
- Child psychiatrists: Our child psychiatrists know that developing minds need a special approach. They help children better manage their feelings and behavioral health symptoms.
- General psychiatrists: Behavioral psychiatrists who practice general psychiatry understand how mental health affects patients on a broad level. They can address a wide range of symptoms and conditions.
- Therapists/counselors: Therapists help patients understand their symptoms. While psychiatry will enable you to reduce your symptoms, therapy will teach you how to manage them.
- Nurse practitioners: Psychiatric nurses will support your care team in treating your condition. They’ll also track your general physical health.
About Our Founder
Neel Nene, MD, MBA, MS founded CBH with the goal of providing quality care in an empathetic setting. He has board certification and training with Brooklyn’s Maimonides Medical Center and the Hershey Medical Center at Pennsylvania State University. These institutions gave Dr. Nene the experience to work with patients from all backgrounds. Our team applies a philosophy of acceptance to the care we offer.
Our specialists have experience treating numerous mental health conditions. Everyone has a unique brain, which is why we offer a customized treatment plan that takes your needs into account. We provide services such as:
- Medication management
- Evaluation and diagnosis
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) therapy
Why Choose CBH?
When you choose our practice, you’ll receive easy-to-access treatment. We believe everyone deserves access to behavioral health care their insurance covers. That’s why we accept insurance for every service we provide at our practice. We currently accept Blue Cross Blue Shield, CareFirst, Aetna, Cigna and United Behavioral Health/United Healthcare. Our team also strives to create a positive and supportive environment for everyone who comes through our doors. You can rest assured that we will do everything we can to make you comfortable.
We Can Help
We serve patients throughout the Washington, DC metro area. Our patients come from areas in Northern Virginia such as Alexandria, Tysons, Fairfax and Manassas. They also visit us from Maryland cities like Bethesda, Rockville, Frederick, Silver Spring and Chevy Chase. You can get to our locations in Arlington, VA and Bethesda, MD, using a variety of public transport options, including the bus and the metro. Schedule an appointment today by contacting us through our online form or using one of the other options on our contact page.